Volunteer Centre of Southeastern New Brunswick Inc.
Who We Are
The Volunteer Centre of Southeastern New Brunswick Inc. is a registered charitable organization. Through the promotion of volunteering, the center supports over 150 registered not-for-profit agencies/organizations from the Dieppe, Moncton and Riverview areas by responding to requests for recruitment community volunteers. It has been active for over 30 years.Learn More
- Deliver creative solutions to serve the needs of the community.
- Promote volunteering, coordinate resources and people...
Volunteering for the Syrian Refugees
Volunteer helpers to receive and sort household goods required
Registered on-line: 09-02-16
On behalf of the City of Moncton, the Volunteer Centre of Southeastern New Brunswick Inc. is seeking volunteers to show their support for efforts being organized to help get Syrian families set up in Greater Moncton.
The Syrian Refugee Response, co-ordinated by the Multicultural Association of Greater Moncton, has been working with many local organizations to help these newcomers rebuild their lives.
Organizations are being asked to show their support by volunteering their time at the City’s depot located at 50 MacNaughton Ave., Caledonia Industrial Park, Moncton. Several dozen volunteers are being sought from February 10th to 14th (inclusively) between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm to help receive and sort household goods for the refugees. Please wear comfortable shoes and work clothes.
Once your application is received you will be contacted more information.
Volunteer Application Form for this offer
Volunteer Interpreters required
Registered on-line: 09-02-16
As you may be aware, very little of our new residents speak English or French and access to interpreters is key in their early settlement and integration. You will be a City of Moncton interpreter. Your role will be to support of MAGMA, Canadian Red Cross and City of Moncton activities.
- Some roles may include:
- Apartments assessments
- Special Events and training sessions
- Family Connections Volunteer Support
As Syrian Refugees are considered a vulnerable group, R.C.M.P, Criminal Records Check Form are required.
- R.C.M.P. Criminal Records Check Instructions:
- Complete the R.C.M.P. Criminal Records Check Form. Download PDF
- Bring the attached ‘Letter of Request for Records Check’ from the Volunteer Centre of Southeastern N.B. Inc. and present both at the R.C.M.P. Station (Main Street, Moncton) Download PDF
- You will be required to show proof of your Social Insurance Number and Photo Identification.
- Upon completion, you may forward a scanned copy of your completed R.C.M.P. Criminal Records Check to the attention of Debbi LeBlanc, Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or by dropping off the completed form to the Volunteer Centre of Southeastern N.B. Inc. reception at the Volunteer Centre located in the Community Peace Centre, 22 Church Street, Suite T290. (take the elevator to the second floor, reception is directly across from the elevator)
- If you have any questions regarding these instructions please contact Debbi LeBlanc, Volunteer Coordinator at: (506) 869-6905.
Volunteering is rewarding. You can:
Two (2) offices for rent at the Volunteer Centre, 22 Church Street. Rental includes furniture, telephone, and wireless internet.Learn More
Volunteering gives me a chanrce to give back to the greater Moncton community. It enables me to make a difference while getting to know many people.
Volunteering makes a difference. I look forward to Thursday afternoon at the Volunteer Centre.